Based on in-depth research and analysis of millions of customer reviews we did on the market this year. we are going to reveal the best 5500 watt generator that you can buy confidently.
Cool Picks For 5500 watt generator (Comparison Table)
Before we start, if you are in a hurry then here are our recommendations based on our in-depth research ordered by score.
10 Best 5500 watt generator (Features & Benefits)
Great! Now that you have an idea about the products we are going to reveal in this post. let’s take a look at each item of the best 5500 watt generator, explore the different specifications and features that it has to offer.
DuroMax XP5500EH Electric Start-Camping & RV Ready, 50 State Approved Dual Fuel Portable Generator-5500 Watt Gas or Propane Powered, Blue/Black
$579.00 in stock
- Plenty of Power – With 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice. Low Oil Shutoff
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 224cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- MX2 Technology - Get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles. Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120V only with full power. Ideal for usage with RVs
- Fully Featured Power Panel – The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: (2) 120V household GFCI outlets, and (1) 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet. The panel also includes a voltmeter and 12V DC charging posts for charging external batteries
DuroMax XP5500HX Dual Fuel Portable Generator-5500 Watt Gas or Propane Powered Electric Start w/CO Alert, 50 State Approved, Blue
- All-new control center with a digital multimeter, USB outlets, a front-facing fuel interface, and DuroMax’s exclusive MX2 switch that harnesses the generator's full power by combining the two 19-amp 120-volt circuits into one powerhouse 38-amp circuit. The digital multimeter displays voltage, frequency, total hours run, and hours until the recommended maintenance
- This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Equipped with DuroMax “CO Alert Technology” that will automatically shut down the generator if an unsafe level of carbon monoxide is detected
- Built using a powerful 210cc OHV-V DuroMax engine and features ALL COPPER WINDINGS designed to make your generator last for years
- The fully loaded power panel includes two 120V GFCI household outlets, one 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet
Champion Power Equipment 100231 6900/5500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator with Wheel Kit
$849.00 in stock
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 5500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 1.2-quarts of oil and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Fuel Safety Switch – Our patented fuel selector switch allows for quick and safe switching between fuel sources
- Intelligauge – Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals
- Outlets – One 120/240V 30A locking outlet (L14-30R) and four 120V 20A GFCI protected household outlets (5-20R)
- Champion Support – includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
DuroStar DS5500EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator - 5500 Watt Gas or Propane Powered-Electric Start- Camping & RV Ready, 50 State Approved
- POWERFUL DUROSTAR ENGINE: The DS5500EH is Powered by a 7.5HP 225cc OHV Durostar Engine.
Westinghouse WGen6000 Portable Generator 6000 Rated & 7500 Peak Watts, Gas Powered, Electric Start, Transfer Switch Ready, CARB Compliant
- 6000 Running Watts and 7500 Peak Watts; Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 13 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5–20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One Transfer Switch Ready L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play! Comes With Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- Powered by a 420cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed By 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage and Nationwide Customer Service Network
GENMAX Portable Inverter Generator，5500W ultra-quiet gas engine, EPA Compliant, Eco-Mode Feature, Ultra Lightweight for Backup Home Use & Camping (GM5500i)
- 【Powerful Engine】5000 Rated Watts and 5500 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD，Telescoping Handle ，Manual / Electric start， 3.9 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge，Up to 10 Hours of Run Time with 120/240V Volt Selector Switch.
- 【Wide Application】 GENMAX portable generator is great for home emergency power supply，campgrounds, construction sites, mobile devices and power outages. This generator is very durable that provides continuous power to handle multiple jobs, such as powering high voltage appliances and heavy duty power tools in different job sites.
- 【Multifunctional power supply panel】Includes low oil alarm, overload alarm,Co warning light ，output indicator features and Fault alarm function，“Eco mode” for conserving energy and maximum fuel efficiency，An easily accessible TT-30R RV outlet makes the perfect for travel trailers.
- 【Quiet and Lightweight Structure】The compact suitcase design is easy to carry，Economy mode automatically adjusts engine speeds to save fuel and reduce sound emissions，The runtime sound is only 60 decibels， Integrated Off/Run/Choke Knob simplifies startup procedures.
- 【CO Detect Shutdown】 Includes CO Detect shutdown sensor for Prevention of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.
WEN 56475 4750-Watt Portable Generator with Electric Start and Wheel Kit
- Digital readout helps manage oil changes and maintenance schedule
- Features electric start, low-oil shutdown, an automatic voltage regulator and overload protection to maximize safety
- CARB and EPA III meet requirements for sale in all 50 states
- Includes wheel kit and foldable handles for easy transport
- 223cc engine provides 4,750 surge watt and 3,750 rated watt
Champion Power Equipment 200988 4500-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator, Electric Start
$819.20 in stock
- DUAL FUEL: Operate your 4500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (10W-30 oil included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- ELECTRIC START: Battery included, plus Quick Touch Panel allows you to access all your controls in one spot
- QUIET OPERATION: 61 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating, your next project or backup power for your home, featuring 4500 starting watts and 3500 running watts with up to 14 hours run time on gasoline
- CLEAN POWER: RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A household outlets with clean electricity (less than 3% THD) and 12V DC outlet with dual USB adapter
- CHAMPION SUPPORT: Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
Champion Power Equipment 100416 10,000/8,000-Watt TRI Fuel Portable Natural Gas Generator, NG/LPG Hose Kits and CO Shield
$1,271.69 in stock
- Your 8000-watt portable generator operates on natural gas, propane, or gasoline, plus natural gas and propane hoses are included so the unit is ready to run on any fuel right out of the box
- Power up the 459cc Champion engine with the handy rocker switch, battery included
- Track voltage, frequency, session run time, and total run time to monitor output and track maintenance intervals, plus the UL-recognized sensor uses an LED to indicate CO shutoff or fault
- Gasoline: 10,000 starting watts and 8000 running watts, propane: 9000 starting watts and 7200 running watts, natural gas: 8750 starting watts and 7000 running watts and engine oil is included
- Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
Westinghouse WGen5300s Portable Generator with Electric Start and 120/240 Volt Selector 6600 Peak 5300 Rated Watts Gas Powered, CARB Compliant, RV and Transfer Switch Ready
$462.48 in stock
- 6600 Peak Watts & 5300 Running Watts; Electric Start; 4.7 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge; Up to 14.5 Hours of Run Time with 120/240V Volt Selector Switch
- Features One 5–20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle, One RV-Ready TT-30R 30 Amp Receptacle, and One Transfer Switch Ready L14-30R 30 Amp Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, Wheel Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- Powered by a 274cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown